Positive Change for LBK is an independent movement of Longboaters. We believe the future of Longboat Key is at a crucial crossroads, and positive change is necessary to preserve the legacy of Longboat Key as a socially and economically thriving community for generations to come.
We see the Longboat Key Club�s redevelopment plan as vital to the economic future of the Town of Longboat Key, and by extension, our home values. As island residents, we encourage our neighbors to make an informed decision based on the facts and to speak out in support of the redevelopment plan and its positive role in the island's future.
What you can do NOW to ensure a positive future for Longboat Key:
- Learn the facts about Longboat Key Club�s $400-million investment in our community's future.
- Become a Positive Change member.
- Attend the Planning & Zoning Board hearings scheduled for Wednesday, October 21 and Thursday, October 22, 2009. The hearings begin at 9 am and will take place at Temple Beth Israel (567 Bay Isles Road) on Longboat Key.
- Send a letter of support regarding the Club's redevelopment to the Town Commissioners and local newspapers via our web site.
- Spread the positive word to your neighbors, friends, and business colleagues.